Saturday, August 2, 2008

3 Days deep

How about that house, eh?

The house is much nicer than I could have imagined. The only thing that its missing is Tyler (and the cats if they were allowed). Having a nice place to stay is helping me deal with being away from home. I have been getting a little lonely but my neighbor and fellow JET and I have been hanging out a lot and exploring the town.

The town is interesting in certain ways and kinda depressing in others. There is a main street that is sort of run down and many shops are abandon. We live pretty close to the center of town so its pretty easy to get around (at least while there isnt a foot of snow on the frozen tundra). There is a river that runs through town and there is some really nice country side scenery. There are also some great people here. My neighbor, Alex, and I went to a festival last night and had a gerat time! Alex is fluent in Japanese so he has been a great help for me. We were welcomed by many of the community members and we met many of the children in the town. I will post pictures of the festival as soon as I can.

No comments: